The EBSCO eBooks collection at CW is an online library that offers a comprehensive selection of full-text titles in core subject areas including business, allied health, digital media, and information technology. These materials can be accessed from the computers on campus, and can be accessed off-campus using your CW credentials.
The EBSCOhost interface allows users to navigate with ease and provides thorough instruction on how to search and download books. Here are some important facts to keep in mind when using CW’s EBSCO eBooks database:
- If you want to create and save notes as you read through your eBook, or download an eBook for offline use on your computer or on a portable device, you will need to create an EBSCO user account (for free). Simply click the “Sign in” link at the top and then select “Create a new Account” on the right-hand side. Fill out the concise form and you’ll be on your way to having your very own account.
- To use the book offline on your computer or on a portable device, select the “Download This eBook (Offline)” link on the left-hand side of the book record (the book record is what appears when you click on the title of a book. It will contain the title, author, subject terms, and table of contents). You have the option to download the eBook for up to 7 days as a PDF (Portable Document Format).
- In order to read the book offline, however, you will need to download the Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) eBook reader available for free. On the link provided, scroll towards the middle of the page and select the tan-colored “Launch” button to begin installation.
- Note: Not all eBook readers are compatible with Adobe Digital Editions. Click here for a list of compatible devices.
- Lastly, you can always read the eBook online by clicking on the “eBook Full Text” link on the left-hand side of the book record.